Brian and others, thanks for responding. I have been taking SinemetCR
50/200 3x, so I guess my carbidopa has been close to the recommended range.
I am now up to 1.5mg Mirapex, and have reduced SinemetCR by 1/2, getting
75mg of Carbidopa and 300mg of Sinemet per day. Now the problem is where to
go from here, I was instructed to increase Mirapex further, but after
reading the possible side effects I am wondering which is worse, Sinemet or
Mirapex. I understand dopamine agonists are believed to have some
neuroprotective qualities, but there so many thing that scientist disagree
on. My level of functioning is adequate now, I have occasional short "off"
times, and sometimes mild dyskinesias at peak dose.

I found Madopar in my drug book as a combination with benserazide, 200/50
and 100/25.

Thanks again, Lisa