Its been a week since the Unity Walk in New York City. I've been wanting
to put my two cents in all week, but have been busy getting caught up at
home. Since I now realize I will never get caught up I've taken time to
write this!:-)
First of all John and I want to personally thank Margot Zobel for the
great job she did. Close to 1,000 people were there, and everything went
smoothly as far as we could see. We went there with 7 people from our
support group from Rochester New York and 4 people from the Utica area.
We all agreed it was well worth the effort.
We met many people from the Parkinson Information Network, and it is
wonderful to be able to put faces to names now! Debbie White was there
with a big warm smile, Ken Aidekman, Happy Birthday to you, Barbara
Schirloff a big hug to you and so many more people. P.A.N. was there,
Joan Samuelson and her crew.
Sadly missed by everyone were representatives from N.P.F., A.P.D.A
organizations.
The Ball of String was there with over 50,000 ft of tieable and still
growing! Though we have tried to get to as many people as we could
regarding the ball it was amazing how many people there never heard
about it, but thanks to Margot we had strips there for people to add to
it.
All I can say is we are looking forward to meeting even more people next
year.
John and Donna Testa:-)