Brian, thank you again for your words of wisdom. I know there are countless
others here in US struggling with the same questions, as the whole PD
community was anxiously waiting for Mirapex (first "flavor of the month"
that was released).

I was diagnosed 10+ years ago, and you are correct, I can gratefully say
that symptoms are still fairly mild (stage 2-2 1/2). I too am a sceptic,
and take an active role in my treatment. (As you know, there is huge money
in new drugs for the drug companies, and they are not always ethical in
publishing all the research).

I was on Permax for 3 years, started when I had a spell of worsening
symptoms, and suffered some side effects to function better. Last summer I
stopped it and to my surprise, didn't notice any difference. I guess there
is a lesson there. As I said, I started on Mirapex to reduce Sinemet. My
neurologist was involved in the studies for 4 years, and had good results
from it. She is a smart doctor, and a nice person. Unrealistic or not, I
just want to stay where I am as long as possible and keep up with research
- if they can clone a sheep...

Your success in managing PD that long is remarkable, I kind of knew it
didn't happen by just "following the dr's orders".

Stay well,

Lisa