Hello

I'm new to the list & having read a lot of the emails I was wondering if
anyone has had any experiences, good or bad, with alternative treatments..

My father has been a PD patient for the last 7 years.. He is 78 & up until
2 years ago was still driving.. Up until this time last year he was very
independent & walking to the local shops to buy news papers & food for our
cat.. However on one of these walks he tripped & fell smashing his glasses,
cutting his face & lots of other cuts & bruises.. He was taken to hospital
& had about 20 stitches on his face.. Ever since the fall he has become
more & more reliant on my mother.. He has lost confidence & weight.. He has
become much weaker & does not go out any more except in the garden for a
short walk with the cat.. He has become house bound.. His shaking has
become more frequent and he finds it difficult to turn in bed without help.
He has not taken any conventional medicine and prefers to use alternative
treatments which have currently been mainly Chinese Herbal medicine,
Shiatsu and Acupuncture.

He is still responding well to these treatments. I am seeking information
from other PWP who have had experience of alternative medicines and what
sorts of results they have experienced.

I have bought him satin sheets after reading the emails on satin sheets and
PJs. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have been told a water bed
may also help turning and lead to a more restful night.

Since my father does not venture out of the house much, does anyone have
any ideas on how I could keep him active in the house to build up his
confidence.. I was thinking of getting one of those executive squidgy
stress balls thinking that may help. A rowing type exercise machine has
also been suggested.

Any ideas or your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Adeeba.