On Mon 06 Oct, Stan R. Houston wrote:
> Hi Gang:
>
> Have a problem and need your feedback.

Hello Stan,
           Have you noticed that most people who are having big trouble with
their tablets tend to be in the 6 or 7 yrs since diagnosis area.  I'm
afraid that it is about now that you move into the big time, where it is
easier to fall off the fence, and the fall is rather more painful.  There
seems to be a definite tie-in linking stressful events (like your back
operation ) with an apparent step change in your Parkinson Symptoms,
although I think in fact that the increment (or maybe I should say decrement)
is not really very large. I have a feeling that my last few downward steps have been finite steps rather than steady slides, but it is difficult to be sure,
because the decrements are so small.

Practical proposal 1.  I was struck by the violence of your swings, and it
reminded me of my symptoms before I started taking Permax. Use of a Dopamine
agonist not only helped with an improved margin  for stable operation, it
definitely softened the fall, when I fell off the fence .  Is there some
reason why you are not taking Permax, or one of the newer agonists?
  As a guide, I found that I could change from  900 mg/day to 700 mg/day of
Sinemet and 1 milligram per day of Permax.

Practical proposal 2.  I expect we could find a way to juggle your Sinemet a
bit more, but I would need a bit more info on  times at which you take the tabs, and OFF times and ON times. I hope that is some help,

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>