Stan,

I believe some of the anesthesias that are used bind to dopamine
receptors.  As I recall it can take up to a week to completely clear
from the system.  Have you discussed this with your neurologist and/or
the anesthesiologist.  They should have definitive info on this
problem.  Also are you getting your meds on time.  On time on a
non-neurology unit is considered to be plus or minus 1 hour of the
scheduled time. I don't have to tell you what havoc that can play with
PD control.  Nurses often get angry when PD patients demand meds on time
because often they don't realize how crucial the timing is.

Good luck and get well soon.

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.