^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  60   deg. F  balmy
Dear Listmembers,

(If you aren't interested, just delete and move on down to the next post)
 But to the thirty of you who have responded to my calls for help:

The NPF  seems quite unwilling to help me.

Meanwhile, I am off to try to get emergency general assistance from the
City of Portland tomorrow, for unpaid medical and utility bills.  Money
from Miami would have been helpful.

I might have avoided  the ordeal of needing "city welfare."

The NPF's PR Director, Melinda Brown, has written and takes the position
that the NPF was caught by surprise by the doctor not showing up for my
appointment, and does not feel it has any reseponsibility for my loss.

I see no hope of ever getting the NPF to help me, unless many phone calls
go through, complaining to them.

If you choose to call, try toll-free at 1-800-433-7022.
If you choose to not call, that's OK with me, too.

If you get any response, I would be grateful to know.

Thank you

IVAN