When my husband had a major depression 17 years ago, he was treated by a
psychiatrist with antidepressants and psychotherapy    until he and the
psychiatrist  thought he was recovered. Since My husband was a judge, the Dr.
talked to his clerk who said he was still looking and acting depressed in
court.( no facial expression, walking slowly and stooped, and no longer
speaking with his usual light hearted  speaking voice). The Psychiatrist
immemediately referred us to a Neurologist who Immediately diagnosed PD and
put my husband in sinemet. Within a week all symptoms disappeared along with
some others we hadn't paid that much attention to. For four years, he  had no
symtoms unless he forgot his sinemet. Then he started to have all the
problems you read about in this list until now he takes many meds and has
 dementia and shy drager syndrome in addition to advanced PD. We have
full-time help now, and he stll enjoys seeing his family and those friends
who can come to visit.

                                                                      Barbara
Smith, CG/Ken/69/16