(11 Oct 97) New Website
There is a new site on the www for anyone interested in PD: patients,
family, caregivers, or physicians. It's called Awakenings, and the
address is www.parkinsonsdisease.com. I didn't find it, it found me,
when the editor inquired about using my CSR and Index material (I
said sure). My first impression is of a very useful, professionally
written and managed site, generously supported by Hoffmann-La Roche.
A cynic might expect merely hype for that firm's products, but that
is surely not the case. The articles are written by doctors, and
there is already enough material to cover most routine search topics.
Time will tell whether the production staff can keep abreast of the
growing flood of research, but meanwhile it bears looking into.
Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694