I am 58/12yrsPk Bi level Palidotomy Feb & oct 96 11 weeks on mirapex
I started with .125 mg 3tid and have taken quite some time to reach 1 mg
tid. My initial  benefits became apparent at 2 of the .125 3tid. My
enengy showed
definite improvement as did my on times which lengthened to at least 4
hours from  2and a half hrs. The side effects I've noticed are:    seem
to be hyper and somewhat jittery .  Have more energy resulting in faster
rate of walking almost to a trot. I've had
some new episodes of temporary speech loss slurring  of words (thick
tongue like)
but blame this on some timing irregularities and over activity. )or:  it
may have been low
blood pressure as I've been taking florinef for low  blood pressure.  I
was initially successful in cutting back about 20% of my sinemet daily
dose but after increasing the mirapex to 1 mg 3tid  I  am again taking
the same  quantity  of sinemet. My nero.said he will see if I can cut
back after I get adjusted. The main reason for returning to the original
sinemet doses is because I was again having trouble sleeping . I cannot
determine if this is a situation of the Mirapex making the sinemet more
efficient or less efficient.

Presently I have good energy now for 6-7 hours of moderate activity and
on my routine
schedule of sinemet and mirapex  3-4 50/200 CR  AND  6-8 25/100 REG.
SINEMET.

My sinemet dosages are ranging between 1200 mg to 1600 mg daily depending
on
where I'm at a spacific time during the day and the progress or lack of
progress
with mirapex.

I am  presently convinced that mirapes is a good addition to sinemet .

October 12, 1997

Robert Langer   [log in to unmask]