The House/Senate Conferees convened again on Tuesday (10/7)at 3:30 pm EDT.
 The debate was entirely dominated by a very controversial education
amendment offered by Sen Gorton (R-WA) having to do with "block grants" to
states for education funding.  The Udall Amendment was never mentioned.  It
was unclear as to when they would meet again (either Wednesday or Thursday),
but either way, I will be attending and will provide further updates as
information becomes available.

I know this is a slow and frustrating process for all of you who have worked
so hard to see this bill passed.  I feel like I'm in limbo too.  But hang in
there.  Good things come to those who wait!

Bill Turenne, Jr.
NPF/ Washington