^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   60  deg. F warm

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997 22:28:43 -0400 "B.Bruce Anderson"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Ken must be on vacation.  (Just kidding, Ken)
>
>Actually, what we need is a good controversy.  Darn, I just can't
>think of
>any.....
>
>----------
>> Subject: girls
>>
>> How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?
>>
>> One to change the bulb, one to complain that the bulb is violating
>the
>> socket, one to secretly wish she were the socket, one to secretly
>wish
>she
>> were the bulb, while the last one gets all charged up and turned on
>> watching the others.
>

>I think I'm going to pay for that.

Bruce and list,

To call women "girls" is incredibly out-of-touch with modern attitudes!!.
 I know you're trying to be playful and arousing,  but as a man who tries
to be conscious of fairness, I really oppose  your posting this kind of
joke!

It is very disrespectful of women.

Signed,

A male in support of equal rights and opportunities for women.

IVAN SUZMAN   47/10

>> An explorer in the deepest Amazon suddenly finds himself surrounded
>by a
>> bloodthirsty group of natives.

Here we go with racist junk again.

>> Upon surveying the situation, he says quietly to himself "Oh God,
>I'm
>> screwed."
>>
>> There is a ray of light from heaven and a voice booms out: "No you
>are
>NOT
>> screwed". Pick up that stone at your feet and bash in the head of
>the
>chief
>> standing in front of you."
>>
>> So the explorer picks up the stone and proceeds to bash the living
>shit
>out
>> of the chief.
>>
>> As he stands above the lifeless body, breathing heavily and
>surrounded by
>> 100 natives with a look of shock on their faces, Gods voice booms
>out
>again:
>>
>> "Okay ..... NOW you're screwed."

Bruce and listmembers,

To use the word "natives,"  and to choose such a joke to post,
represents an unacceptable attitude.

 Bruce, I am APPALLED that you would choose to publish such trash.  A
person of mostly African ancestry, and one of our greatest PWP heros,
Muhammad Ali, is one of our very best representatives for curing
Parkinson's!!

Sexism, racism and homophobia have no place on this list, or among the
world community of PWP's.

Bruce, please find a new type of joke to publish--or else, don't bother.

Thank you

Ivan Suzman  47/10