^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997 22:47:27 -0400 Mary Ulmer <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Ivan-Due to side effects (confusion and hallucinations) my parkie is
>still on
>low dose of Mirapex.  However, especially early on he wiped out after
>his
>mirapex and blood pressure dropped to the point of his turning pale.
>He is
>usually hypertensive and takes meds for that but his blood pressure
>has
>dropped as much as 100/60.  Now he doesn't have quite that dropbut
>still
>crashes out about an hour after his dose.
>---Don't have any experience with your second question.
>Mary CG for Mel 76/11

Mary, Ernie  and gang,

Mary, sorry Mel is having such a rough ride. And thanks for your response
about MIrapex-induced low blood pressure.

This week I'm doing better. Have not reduced the Mirapex. Here's what
helped me--maybe it'll help Mel and others.

I make sure  I eat a substantial, high carbohydrate, reduced protein
breakfast.

I drink coffee to counterract the MIrapex-related spaciness and lowblood
pressure I have experienced.

 I take only 1/2 of a 0.125 mg. Mirapex , with (NOT before) breakfast, a
1/2 Mirapex at about 10 A>M> WITH FOOD (a light snack), and only start my
full doses AFTER lunch (in contrast with always preceding meals by 30
minutes as a rule, whesn taking Sinemet).

I then go on to take a 0.125 whole pill at 12:30,  3:30, 6:30 andd 12:30
AM, for a total of .625 mg/day.

This extends my on's and shortens my off's, and my blood pressure, thank
God, is  back up to 120/84 standing, 116/80 seated,  Hopefully, this will
continue.

The depression I experienced with the low blood pressure has abated.

Hope this helps Mel and others.

Ivan