bob Anibal wrote....
>Or are Ivan's feelings a regional thing. For those of you unfamiliar with
New England
>culture they have some interesting, sometimes strange and often entertaining
>colloquial customs.

Ayah, and we have wicked good gramma an' pronuncation, too!  To New
Englandas, all words ending in "r" are spoken as if they end in "a".
"Everyone knows" that culcha in these hea United States staats on the coast
of New England and ends when New England ends.  That's why those people
(graduates of Haavad, of course) who ah knowledgeable consida Boston to be
the "Hub" of the universe.  Entatainment Tues. and altanate Thurs. at 2 pm.
But if you want the really strange, Sculley Square, midnight, Sat., if the
Watch and Ward Society doesn't taya it down and build a govement centa.

And bob, wheya do ya come from??
                                                                Peace, John