Ervin McCarthy:   I have only anecdotal information for you.  My husband
has been taking  3 tablets  a day of pycnogenol and claims he does not
feel any particular benefit from it but his children all say he seems
more alert and steadier on his feet.  He is 84 years old and has had PK
for about l0 years. He walks erectly, has had only one freeze
episode,sleeps well and  the dyskinesia is controlled by Sinamet and
Eldepryl.  Whether  these positive effects can be attributed to
pycnogenol it is difficult to sayand his neuro. is non commital.  He has
been taking pyc. for about six weeks, having started out with slowly
increasing doses until he has reached the maximum for his weight.  I
have heard nothing but good reports from others on pyc especially in the
treatment for arthritis and  diabetes. I wish you well in your research
on this interesting pine bark medication. Carmita Beust