Dear Mary--we've not tried the lift seats, but did get one to help get
in and oput of car--basically a sort of "lazy Susan" disk.  It did not
work in our Taurus, as the seat was too concave, and the swivel seat
wouldn't work when not in the right place (distance from edge,level,etc.)
It might have worked in a van or car with a "bench seat" that was more
level. We returned it for a refund, and I was hopeful it would have helped. :-(
The Physical therapist later told Peter that he should put both feet out of
the car first, then grab the door to help him rise. Have you tried that?

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 79/8, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"