At 07:06 PM 10/12/97 -0400, Emily Rosenthal wrote:
>3) I believe I read somewhere that prozac is contra-indicated with selegeline
>- some bad side effects.  But my mind is worse than my mother's these days -
>can anyone confirm this?
>
>emily cg/Mom 76/3 months ([log in to unmask])

I just returned from hospital for a hernia repair this past week.  I
emphasized to everybody I met that demerol was contraindicated, since I was
taking eldepryl, and I got a red wristband with "Demerol" written on it in
bold letters, indicating that I should not be given demerol.  They also
added "Prozac" on the tag, but they said that they had no feeling that
there would be any need for a drug like prozac, so it was academic.

Maybe I've overlooked it, but I've seen lots of data on prozac here on this
list, and its contraindication with selegeline does not seem to have been
one of them.  So I too am now curious.  Is this a new development?

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness