Emily wrote....>In fact now I'm taking issue with rehab hospital
>drs. who seem to have arbitrarily prescribed only 20 mg/day upon her arrival.
> After a week & a half, depression is now one of the biggest problems, 2nd to
>no appetite.

Emily, my experience is that nursing homes and rehabs. don't follow
directions, don't make sure the patient has the correct meds. Even is they
said that your mom is taking something, don't believe it until you have
seen it for yourself.  My advice is TELL them what you want done, talk to
the personnel who are going to do it, and watch while it is done.  If there
are more than one shift involved, do the same with each shift.  With all
that, you may have a 50-50 chance.  If you don't, you have zero chance.  DO
not believe the Administration, they don't know!!!  I just went through
this with my Mother at a good NH, and they screwed things up with meds.  No
on reads the charts!!!!
Each NH person involved did what they wanted.  And if your mother is
transferred between Rrehab, NH, and Psychiatric Hospital, she will
conflicting meds, in the wrong amounts.

Remember each hospital has their own agenda whether it be keeping the
patient quiet, comatose, happy (as in drugged-to-the-gills happy), and not
any trouble.  And they ALL need to make money.  Their motto should be "We
Wll Make Our "Clients" Trouble-free (for us)!!  The best way to do that is
drugs.  Regardless of what you want, they will do whatever it takes, in
their opinion, to have a trouble-free (for them) patient.  And of course
they know better than you, so they do whatever they want, oops, I mean best
for the patient.

                                                                Sad but true,
                                                                        John