I get so tired waiting for scientists to come uo with a cure for PD, or at
least more effective meds,that it occurred to me that we should help
ourselves by using this list for our own research. We have over 1500 PWPs (or
relatives or friends of PWPs) on this list.  That is an awesome resource.

There are so many different  symptoms of PD and everyone's list of symptoms
 is so individual that I keep thinking there has to be a pattern somewhere.
 I propose that we conduct our own surveys in hope of finding such a pattern.
 Perhaps we could discover if a given person would progress slowly or rapidly
and thereby give neuros a better idea of how to treat that person most
effectively.  Perhaps we could find a relationship between PD on the dominant
side and a certain cluster of symptoms, as opposed to the symptoms one would
be most likely to have if PD started on the non-dominant side.

A while back we had a discussion of PD starting with a frozen shoulder in
some people.  In looking back, I realise that my PD symptoms began after I
had a frozen shoulder 11 years ago.  Therefore, I'd like to begin a survey of
those PWPs who have had a frozen shoulder in the past.  I'd like everyone who
fits in that catagory to email me directly with your answers to the following
questions.  I will collect the data, look for a pattern and post the results
on the list next week.  I will also pass on the info I compile to my neuro at
the Parkinson Institute.  I would appreciate it if other people would
volunteer to do a simular survey of those whose initial symptom was tremor or
speech problems, etc. so we can see if any patterns emerge.  Thanks.
           Questions for those whose PD started with a frozen shoulder
!  Age when frozen shoulder occurred ............
2  Age now.................
3  Was frozen shoulder on dominant side?...........
4  Did PD start on same side as frozen shoulder?.............
5  In your opinion has PD progressed slowly or quickly? .............
6 What are your symptoms now? .............................
8  What stage of PD are you in now (if known)?....................
9  What kind of exercise do you do? ......................
10  Do you take any food supplements, vitamins, etc.?  Please list. .........
11  Do you believe that you have a positive attitude? ....................
12  Additional comments? ........................

Please send answers to Mary Sheehan