^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   48  deg. F
Hi all,

    Two Listmembers have asked me for a FAX number for  the NPF--if using
the telephone is too difficult for you--to ask them to give me some form
of out-of-court settlement.

    Anyone  can  FAX the NPF's executive offices  about this at: (305)
243-3644.
                                           ********
      Meanwhile, one of my caregivers drove me to the downtown Portland
City Emergency General Assistance Office on Tuesday, and again on Friday.
  The 7-hour, two-trip process was a lesson in Humility and in
Perseverance.  The trips did result in my being given food vouchers for
about 10 days' groceries, and limited assistance with this month's
utility bills.

     My medicines wore off SUDDENLY while waiting and waiting  for a
decision.  THEN they saw that I really DO have younger-onset
Parkinson's......

  Hopefully, the social workers learned that Parkinson's comes in many
different faces.   Seems like there's a positive side to come out of most
any situation we PWP's and CG's have to encounter.

Thanks again,

Ivan Suzman (47/10)