I am 58 -12 yrs PK Bi-level palidotomy (Feb and October 1996.) 11 weeks
on Mirapex.

I started Mirapex at a dose of .125  i tab 3tid.  My initial benefits
came at a doseage of 2 tabs .25  3 tid. My energy improved as did the
length of my on times. and I also felt
more alert . . better movement all around.

Some of the side effects I've noticed are.
            1. temporaqry speech loss episodes(may be due to low blood
pressure)
            2.confusion zombie like spells between doses.  I can avoid
these if I  eat very
               light and don't eat red meats.
           3.Experienced  a hyper  or excited feeling starting at 3 tabs
.25 mg.      3tid.
                this seems to be leveling off as I get used to this med.
            4.Have low blood pressure from sinemet and mirapex also is
known to cause
l               low blood pressure .  I am taking florenef  for this.

I was successfut in cutting back about 20% of my sinemet daily dose at
earlier dosages of mirapex but now find that I have to again resume
taking maximum doses
of sinemet.

My energy and on times have streached to 6-7 hours before I crash to a
zombie like off period . Rest and sinemet usually bring me out of this.

I take 3 to 4  Sinemet 50/200 CR (6am, 11am, 2 pm and 8pm)   6 TO 8
sinemet  25/100 (6 am,8 am1201 pm,3 pm,5 pm,7 pm 1 am and3am)   And 1-1mg
mirapex
3 tid (6 am, 1201 pm and 5pm.)

My sinemet dosage varies , depending on my activity level and my meals
day by day.
I normaly take  1200 to 1400 mg of sinemet a day.

I am hopeful that mirapex will prove to be effective until something
better comes along. I am optimistic that it will prove to be more
beneficial as I get the proper timing and doses adjusted on this sinemet
mirapex combination.

Find the cure for Parkinsons!

End.