Prozac I believe has a relative contraindication with selegeline.  That
is it is not "forbidden" as a combination but theoretically-  and in
some relatively rare  cases the combination caN CAUSE "SERATONIN
SYNDROME".  Since selegeline is a selective mao inhibitor rather than a
general MAO inhibitor the risk of interaction is much less at the doses
used in PD.  (5-10 mg/day).  If the depression is a significant problem
many MD's will weigh the risk of the combination vs the risk of the
depression and prescribe the combination-  with caution.

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
Middleton, WI