Dear List-Family....

I have a suspicion it ISN'T the volume of the LIST that's down. Rather it's an
"Internet Thing." that's slowing, and in many cases stopping the delivery of
new email.

I compare the average daily number of my NON-List incoming email, as well as
the List-mail I receive during this type of "email-blackout" (and for ME , it
was a total non-delivery of ANY new email from Saturday nite thru Sunday nite
- zero new email delivery out of an average of about 75 to 100 on the usual
day.

THAT says to me that somewhere, something is happening waaay out there in
Cyberspace... Something is slowing or in many cases bringing Internet to a
near-halt.

And, I betcha over the next year to 18 months as the Internet and Web will see
SUCH a proliferation of new business that IT... and WE... will be SO
unprepared for this influx of new users it brings to the Internet that we're
not going to be ready, OR happy when  the eventual frequent gridlocks and
stoppages hit the Net.

YIKES!!!!  I feel like the harbinger of bad news! BAD BARBIE for being SO
cynical and skeptical.

Barb Mallut