Dorothy,

To my knowledge there is no data that anesthesia precipitates PD.  I
think it is natural to try to come up with a theory when something like
PD hits an otherwise healthy person out of the clear blue sky.  I want
to emphasize that I am not saying that it is not possible just that I am
not aware of any data which would support it.

An alternative theory might be that in the years leading up to your
husband's knee replacement his gait subtlety changed causing extra wear
and tear on the joint.  His surgery could have been the result of early
PD rather than its cause.

My point is that it is human to speculate and look for a cause but with
PD with few exceptions we wind up frustrated.

Good luck

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.