Hi y'all--

As the webmaster of KTVU-TV in San Francisco, I've posted a story on our
web site done by one of our reporters that may be of interest to the
members of the list.

It's about a Marin County inventor, Tom Riess, who has PD and has come up
with a pair of virtual reality glasses that allow him to walk again, as
opposed to his difficulty walking without the glasses. He hasn't been able
to market the glasses because of the expense of getting them approved by
the FDA. He would like a big company to step in with some financial
support, and from what I can tell, it would revolutionize the PD community.

The story is at:

http://www.bayinsider.com/ktvu/newsroom/parkinson.html

I have also posted the complete story in RealVideo format, although you
need to have the correct plug-in for your browser. The plug-in is free and
definitely worthwhile, if you haven't downloaded it already. You can find
"Real Player" at:

http://www.real.com

I've got a personal interest in this story, since I've been a lurking
member of this list for about a year now. My father-in-law (87/10+) has PD
and I have derived much useful information from all of you.

Cheers,
Bob Hirschfeld
KTVU Webmaster