Hello Dorothy,
              One of the more likely theories about how some people
come to lose their dopamine-producing cells and become PWPs ,  postulates a
major loss of Dopamine-producing  cells in the Substantia Nigra: Enough to
wipe out nearly all the over-capacity which we were born with, but still we
show no symptoms. Having done the damage, the 'who-knows-what' goes away,
and we carry on living, not knowing that we are on the same slow
degeneration curve as everyone else, but one which before very long will
drop below the minimum cell count at which PD symptoms appear.
  So, we have a picture of a soon-to-be PWP hovering on the brink, the
real cause having been and gone years ago. Now if a mildly distressing
incident like a serious operation comes along, it could result in a stress
reaction ; bang go a few more cells, and there you are with Parkinson's.
AND it looks pretty clear that the operation, or the anaesthetic, or the
surgeon's under-arm deodorant must be to blame. I think a lot of theories
have started out on the wrong track because of this scenario.- The trick
is to find that long-gone who-knows-what.

Regards, --  Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>