Bonnie, I had a few more ideas since the last batch:
1. phone jacks in every room, and at least one speaker phone in a convenient
place.
2. Light switches at each end of the hallway, or any room with two entrances,
to control the lights 3.Light switches that respond to a light touch.  4.
thermostat at convenient height for wheel chair. 5 Intercom to talk to front
door from frequently used rooms.  6 If there is an alarm system, a remote
pendant to actuate it in an emergency. 7 Smoke detectors that do not need
batteries, hardwired to house power. 8 A central vaccuum system is good for
easy cleaning.  8 Auto dialer with frequently called numbers programmed in,
plus emergency numbers.
I have a few of these features in my house, and them very helpful. Ken B