Ralph,
Past summer I participated in the study at the NIH on this very subject. I
am 55/10, taking Sinemt CR and Eldepryl. I stopped Permax for the study.
Basically in my case I had a very slightly lower scores in baseline
(nonmedicated) tests, but threshold for Sinemet effectiveness was
considerably lower with estrogen.      Quality and duration were about the
same. They said that was "pretty consistent" with others. In the end, I
decided to stay off ERT, as I value my "sleep effect" and want to take full
advantage of it.

They should be publishing the results at some point, their web site is
http://www.ninds.nih.gov

Lisa