Hi,

My name is Ellen Peck, and my husband, aged 78, was just diagnosed with PD.

He doesn't feel well.  He has been on the generic for Sinemet for two
weeks.  He has lost all appetite and eats almost nothing.  He is forcing
himself when he gets anything down.  He says food tastes funny and eating
repugnant.  Does not tolerate the salty taste.

He just lies around, going up and down stairs about twice per day.  He has
even stopped putting the TV on.

The doctor, when called, said he should take the medication after eating
instead of before, but that does not seem to help.

I will call Dr. again in a few days, but I was wondering what others had
experienced when starting on this medication.

Thanks for any help.

Ellen Peck