Charlie...

What a horrible, frustrating, and de-humanizing experience to have been forced
to suffer thru.  And as you noted, it might have been a physically dangerous
one had your basic health (exclusive of the PD) been poor or had you been a
senior with more brittle bones.  To add insult to injury the Hyatt
administration apparently IGNORES your message and doesn't even respond to
you!  UN-believable!!!!   SHAME on that particular Hyatt!  SHAME!!

M'dear friend... have you thought of going to the national level of Hyatt
administration with a statement?  That certainly seems to be called for in
this case!  It might be the time to wave the banner of the Americans With
Disabilities Act (that usually "toothless wonder" CAN have clout upon
occasion, just by the mere mention of it's name - odd, but of benefit to know)

Another thing you might mention to Hyatt, Charlie, EVEN if you don't ACTUALLY
do this, is that you're Internet/Web-savvy and will make a POINT of posting a
message on the Internet/Web specially concerning this one incidence with the
Hyatt organization.  Let them know that there are THOUSANDS of medical and
disease-related Internet/Web sites reaching the WORLD-WIDE disabled community
that will carry your message to those who need to be appraised of a place when
they're not well treated.

Hyatt MUST be made to know that it wasn't JUST you  - ONE individual with a
chronic disease - that they caused injury to, but thousands in the USA alone.
AND they must be made to UNDERSTAND that while those of us having a chronic
disease MAY be invisible to THEM, none the less, we are NOT invisible in real
life, we DO have money to spend, and after you've posted about Hyatt's
mal-treatment of you on the Internet, Hyatt WILL feel the FINANCIAL clout born
of the thoughtless act of the Hyatt that didn't accommodate YOU as you needed
to be due to your being a person with a debilitating chronic disease.

As many here have done for Ivan S. in his battle with the Parkinson's
Organization (I forget which org. it was), I'm sure many of your List brethren
will be happy to send Hyatt a letter stating that letting them know that due
to their thoughtless treatment and neglect of responding to your letter
directed to them, WE will not be staying at Hyatt-owned facilities in the
future!

Let's see what they say when we put our money where out mouth is!

BIG hug at ya....

Barb Mallut