At 04:30 PM 10/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there anyone out there who had been taking pergolide and has been
>changed to mirapec?
>
>I am on a screening list for palladotomy and I would like to know if
>I would be better off with the new medication
>
>I have been taking Sinemet 25/100 one full and three 1/2 sinemet
>25/100. Also, I have been taking Pergolide .25 gm. (12 capsules) per
>day.
>
>Most of my trouble comes from dyskenesia. When that's not bothering
>me I have a geat deal of trouble with my feet freezing.
>
>Also to anyone who has had surgery is there any improvement in your
>feeling? That is, can you walk better than you could before the
>surgery?
>
>Would appreciate an answer on e-mail if possible.       Thanks   DAN
>MAIROSE LURV15A
>
>Dan I'm 38 years old and was diagnosed 5 years ago.I was never on
pergolide, i was first on sinemet cr 50/200 and eldepreyl.Now i'm on
mirapex and sinemet.Anyway i had the palladotamy operation in feb.and it
improved my dyskensia 95% even though it did not help tremor or rigidty.But
i do reccomend the surgery to anybody who has our disease and it does
affect everybody differently.I do wish you the best of luck if you decide
to follow through with it. Bobby