Jeff Jones wrote:
> Please, what would you recommend for someone who's allergic to soy
> products?  My lady, in addition to the PD, is allergic to soy, among other
> things and has hypoglycemia.

Jeff,
Unless she is allergic to other dried beans, I strongly recommend them.
Kidney beans, baked beans, lentils, split peas..... It should help with
hypoglycemia, as the complex carbohydrates release much more slowly,
over a longer time, than simple carbs. Beans are very high fiber, and
may help with constipation.

With regard to beverages, she might wish to try Rice Dream, fortified
with calcium and vitamin D. It's made with rice, which few people are
allergic to. It can be used on cereal, or as a drink.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD