John, I am afraid you are right esp. about the separate agendas.  Right now
my husband goes to a Sr. outpt Psychiatric center (like a good day care).
 They were making him stay in a wheelchair all day so the neuro wrote them a
note to ambulate him every 2-3 hrs for 10-15 minutes.  They said they may
have to discharge him due to not enough personnel so they contacted the rehab
place next door (all under one umbrella) who evaluated Mel last Friday to
enter the rehab for 2 weeks for aggressive therapy.  Now I do believe it
would benefit him.  They called me the following Monday and ask me if he had
told me and I said no.  So they said they would just roll him over to rehab
at the end of the day and for me to bring 3 days of clothes.  I said 'wait a
minute, bring him home on the bus as usual today and I will discuss it with
him and see if he is in agreement, then I would pass it by his neuro (on
staff at a different hospitel).
She said no as his lab values just come in with a BUN of 76 and creatinine of
4.  She wants him to see a Neprotologist and get this evaluated first.  So
when I call rehab they told me they could do all the testing necessary
themselves.  I want him to stay with his regular interist for this.  They all
want the medicare money.  He may have to go in the NH from the rehab as I've
had an exactubation (sp?) of my cardiac problems and physically wearing out.
 The HH called and will probably have to discharge him too.  When it rains it
pours.  I am really in grief over his situation and pray for gridance in
difficult decisions in days to come.  First we''ll address his renal
problems.  Also the mirapex has helped him some but confused him more and he
may have to cut back or delete the mirapex, time will tell.
Mary CG Mel 76/11   [log in to unmask]