Hi Charlie!

Your experience with a "high end" property such as Hyatt is assummed to
be a rare occurance by the majority of hotel guests.  However, the
incidence of confirmed/guaranteed reservations not being honored is an
"accepted effect" of over-booking, errors or "in-house politics".

For several years, I was a marketing mgr. for properties such as Omni,
Marriott and Hilton Hotels.  All properties experience problems for
various reasons.  The only difference is how "sensitive" the management
chooses to be as well as corporate policy.  Bruce is correct in regard
to your fax being directed to the legal department.

Noting the fact that your room was guaranteed by a credit card and
reconfirmed the scheduled day of check-in, there is absolutely no valid
reason for the way you were treated!.......you were bumped!!  Nobody
made a mistake nor was there any computer problems. There is certainly
liability on the part of Hyatt due to their negligence not to mention
your accident while being transported by Hyatt.

Charlie, we both know that issues such as what you have endured, zap
ones energy to say the least, a commodity we all must spend wisely.
If you would enjoy some degree of recompense, I suggest that you do the
following:

Obtain the name of the general manager of the particular property.  All
communication should be directed to him/her only.  At a minimum, a
"comp" room for a couple of nights is in order.  The other end of the
spectrum would be a lawsuit if your into proving points.  After all,
doing a "back flip" with Hyatt's assistance is worth a few bucks!

I'm glad your ok, Charlie.  If I can be of help, let me know.

Jay

P.S......I recently requested and obtained a prescription for Mirapex.
I received #60 of 1.5MG each.  The directions are to take TWO EACH
MORNING (yes, 3MG)  Am I being shown a new way to see stars or just a
quick trip to the moon?  I obviously rejected his instructions.  I think
it's time for another heart to heart!