Rosemary Paul wrote:

> Peter - I tried to send this message to you yesterday via the list and
> then to you and both came back.  However I think I am straightened out
> now with the list.  Had different id in my signature and e-mail addresses.
> I am from the USA and have been in a study for tolcapone/tasmar since
> Sept 4 at the Univ. of Kansas Med Center under the direction of Dr. Wm.
> Koller, head of the US Tolcapone study.  To start this I had a month
> washout period from Permax.  Added to that I was taking 6 25/100
> sinamets, one eldepyrl and one zoloft.  The biggest problem I had at
> first was increased dys that was disabling at times. I still work full
> time nd this was a problem.
> However since I reduced the sinamet to 1 25/100 a day along with three
> 100 mg. tasmar, one eldepryl and one zoloft - the  dys has all but
> disappeared.  I was diagnosed with PD 12 years ago.  At that time I was
> in the study for eldepryl and feel that it delayed the progress of my PD
> (even tho that was not proven). Anne Rutherford mentionedthat she had to
> quit tasmar because of side effects but I have not noticed any but the dys.
> Two years ago I started falling but not every day - more like every 3 or
> 4 months so that is not caused by tasmar.  Another person I heard from in
> Denmark had to quit because of blood pressure problems.  My energy has
> not increased. I take my first meds at 6:30 am and last dose at 6:30 pm.
> Eliz. Butler said she had met you at the oz convention and that you had
> had palloidal (sp) surgery.
> Lets keep in touch and I too welcome any comments, ideas or
> experiences with tolcapone.
> Rosemary
> Rosemary Paul
> Community Services  x3919
> *****************************************************Rosemary - Thanks for your reply on tolcapone.  Just one question - why
did you stop taking Permax - I thought you could take tolcapone with all
existing meds.  Also 5% of people suffer diarrhea from Tolcapone and I
think this was Anne's problem (I hope she doesn't mind me mentioning
that) but I know that constipation is a side effect of Bromocriptine and
as Permax is from the same family of drugs I was wondering if one of
these  drugs could counteract the diahrrea problem - just a thought.
Yes I did have deep brain stimulation - am still sorting out frequency
levels at this stage - would not recommend it until more research is
done.

Kind regards

Peter Dawkins