Pierre,

I have similar problems using a mouse. In fact I have several "dead
mice" that went crashing across the room when my arm or hand would
suddenly jerk. My solution to that problem was to buy a keyboard
with a built-in glidepad. The keyboard has a port for attaching a
mouse if you want to use one also.

As far as control is concerned, when I get too shakey I use the
keypad mouse which can be loaded from windows 95. You activate it
using a certain combination of key presses, I don;t remember them,
though, because my keyboard also has a special key just for
activating that feature. The keyboard is also ergonomically designed
and I find it a lot easier to use that a straight keyboard because
the curve of the keyboard fits the position of my "frozen" hands
when my meds are  off. My keyboard is the LiteOn Model SK6000 with a
street price of about $60.

But my biggest help is speach recognition software. I have two
programs: Voice Assistant  by Creative Labs and Naturally Speaking
by Dragon Systems. Voice Assistant controls the pull-down menu of
any windows program and costs about $60. Its two limitations are
that it will only go  down one level (i.e. those commands which
appear after clicking on a main menu button) and although you can
use it with any windows program you are limited to only seven
programs at one time.

There has been a lot of recent postings on Dragon Dictate, Naturally
Speaking, and other speech recognition software. My recommendation
is to forego the programs that require the user to speak distinctly
separated words  They are okay for  doing less than a page, and if
your meds are on, but are frustrating  to  use otherwise.

With Naturally Speaking, which uses a continuous speach engine, you
don't have to worry about talking too fast and, at least in my case,
it adjusts to the difference in voice  quality between "on" and
"off" contitions. Obviously you pay for this convenience ($300 -
$600 as opposed to $70 - $100).

Hope this helps you.

Bruce
56/9