Stacey Levin wrote:>
> I saw your suggestion about using soy milk in a fruit smoothie.
> Do have a recipe on how to make it?

Dear Stacey,

You can use soy milk, but it is sometimes hard to find fortified
versions. Ensure is made with soy protein, makes an excellent fruit
smoothie, and is easier to find than fortified soy milks.

Fruit Smoothie with Ensure
8 oz vanilla Ensure (NOT Ensure Plus)
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (or other fruit)
2 TB sugar
        Place all ingredients in blender, blend till smooth. One
serving. Ratio 7:1

Also, for quick snacks to help maintain weight -- Kellogg's Nutri-grain
bars are much cheaper than Hearty Balance cranberry bars, have a ratio
of about 9:1. These should be fine to eat between meals without
interfering with Sinemet.

There is so much confusion about nutrition and PD that I am currently
writing a book on the subject. It will include 7:1 recipes and menus.
If you wish, I can send you ordering information when it's
completed. It will be more comprehensive, and will include use of both
home-cooked meals and convenience foods, as well as information on other
common nutrition-related problems with PD -- dry mouth, constipation,
heartburn, nausea, dysphagia, food-medication interactions, weight loss,
etc.

My very best regards to you and your father.
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,