Hello Mary and Earl,  name here is Joyce 55/15.
My husband got tired of pushing the manual wheelchair on long voyages so he
bought   himself   a gift.   A three wheel motorscooter which he    lends
  to me.

Its opened a new world for us both.   We've recently come back from a combo
business/vacation trip to Spain, Holland and Germany and without that scooter
it all would not hav been possible.

We dont use it everyday just when we want to venture away from the house for
longer periods.  I also use the one in the local supermarket...its great....

BE CAREFULL.....While in an airport, I accidently ran into a young child who
crossed my path...no problem  just confusion and embarressment for me..

I dont know where you are but I give you this info.

In New Jersey
MOBILITY PLUS  is having a sale on new, used and demo scooters, lift charis,
and power wheelchairs from oct 18>25   PHONE 1800 662 0879.

ALSO,
BRUNO COMPANY   www.bruno.com/  1800-882 8183   in Oconomowoc, WIsconsin is a
leading maker of power scooters,  stair elevators, AND lifts for vans and
wagons.
Contact them,  I think they have a video you can borrow showing all the
products in action.

We are installing a power lift for our new scooter in a Taurus stationwagon
so Chuck or my companion dont have to disassemble and lift it.   We do that
all the time but for Vera it would be easier.  BTW, we have taken our scooter
on planes, boats, buses, taxis and trains with NO problem.

OH yes...Ford and Chrysler will assist for any power lifting device installed
on NEW vehicles.. FORD $1000   CHRYSLER $1500    NEW vehicles only.   OXFORD
insurance is paying $1500 toward the scooter...you must provide a letter from
your primary physician who can get it from your neuro (if the neuro is out of
system) prescribing the power chair AND stating that you have    insufficient
upper body strength to handle a manual wheelchair.

SO if you are buying a new van,  average for the lift is $2000  less 1500
(or) 1000,  the scooter on sale was $2100 less $1500 from insurance to.
  WHAT A DEAL~~

(if someone is considering a power scooter,  may I suggest the three wheel
type (rather than 4) because it is lighter and has a very small turning
radius  (almost 90 degrees)  Also,  external (not underneath some plastic
panel) batteries because its very easy to take off  when traveling.

Good luck to you and any others that might find this of some interest.

Joyce and CG hubby