This self-centeredness issue gets tricky.  Before
Dick had pd, I enjoyed doing things for him
and naturally, he was happy with this arrangement.  So I kinda made him
what he was.

Now, with pd in the picture, I am trying to let
him do as much for himself as he is capable
of doing.  This is my "use it or lose it" theory
put into action.   Lots of times it would be a lot
quicker and easier for me to do whatever it is,
but I try to let him have a go at it.  Often, when
I do this, he looks at me as if I had two heads.
He is more than willing to turn over an ever-
increasing share of the work load.  We both
take care of his 94 year old aunt and 92 year
old uncle (they live with us), and now that has
become exclusively my job.  He does want to
be the center of my attention, and sometimes
I just can't spread myself that thin.

Have a nasty cold right now and feel lousy
but in his book this should not keep me from
my appointed rounds, ie. him.   Is this part
of the disease or have a created a mini-
self-absorbed monster?  Dunno

Regards, Dorothy cg for Dick 74/1+ in Central
New York (Rome, to be exact)