I was on the Cabergoline clinical trial for four years......trial ended for
me on August 14, 1997, when I was switched to Mirapex.........had to do five
days without either drug.

I was told that Cabergoline will not be marketed for Parkinson's Disease in
the US.  Pharmacia developed cabergoline, Upjohn developed Mirapex.
 Pharmacia was purchased by Upjohn during the past four years.

I was pleased with the Cabergoline while I was taking it, I did notice
improvement after I started the drug.......definitely a return of "spunk" as
my family described changes.   I was reluctant to give up the cabergoline for
Mirapex, (why change a drug that is working??????) but little choice (the
cabergoline would not be accessible for me).

Today..........8 weeks later.........I would not go back to the cabergoline
from the Mirapex.  Seems to my husband and myself that arrhythmias,
swallowing difficulty and some fine motor skill loss was perhaps linked to
the cabergoline as a side effect?????????  These annoyances have all but
disappeared for a time.....no proof of this theory.............but strong
indication that this might be the possibility.

Rita Weeks
Lincoln, NE