We tried a swivel seat in the car and were not happy with it. It is now in
the trunk of the car. One thing that I did find out from our medical supplier
is that while Medicare will not pay for a chair that lifts a person from
sitting to standing, they will pay for a mechanism to put under a regular
platform chair to turn it into a lift chair. Of course, your doctor must
prescribe this, and you need to have or purchase  a chair that will
accomodate the mechanism. We do not have this yet, but it might work for the
right person. You should visit your local medical supply store and see if you
can use what they have.      Barbara Smith, CG/Ken/69/16