At 05:03 PM 10/17/97 -0400, Melinda Brown of NPF wrote:
>Dear Listmembers:
>
>Though I was  not with NPF when Mr. Suzman come down to Miami >over 2
years ago, I have spoken to him on the phone twice now, >and feel that I
now have the appropriate background to respond    >to his negative comments
regarding the wonderful organization I >work for....

>NPF is sorry that Mr. Suzman did not receive treatment while he >was
here,....

Thank you, Melinda, for your letter.  Just as I am certain that this does
not completely placate Ivan, I am also certain that the fact that a
responsible person at NPF has spoken up and said, "I'm sorry," will go some
distance toward making the remainder of us on the list believe that the NPF
listens and has somewhat of a heart.

I do not care to have money or effort which would otherwise be headed for
Parkinson's research sidetracked to cover the errors of a University of
Miami and/or Jackson Memorial Hospital employee.  Neither do I care to have
the argument between Ivan and NPF repeated, this time with Ivan's nemesis
being the University or the Hospital Administration.  I would trust that
such sentiments would be shared by most of the list.

I would hope that somehow you could mediate a solution between Ivan and the
University and/or the Hospital that would satisfy Ivan without distracting
NPF from its extremely important goals.  It would also help heal the
opinion that the list members have of NPF.  Your letter to the list was an
important first step.

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness