Hello everyone.  My name is Mike Hannickel. I was very happy to find
this list last night and have signed on in the interest of my 74 year
old mother who was diagnosed with PD about 6 months ago.
        Naturally all pertinent information is appreciated.
        Mom has, for weeks now, had bouts with intense itching which can't be
explained through typical parasite or allergy avenues. The dermatologist
has no answers.  Is this a known symptom of PD ?
        She says it seems to come from "inside" as a "prickly" feeling at
first, and then develop into an intense itch.  At first it was
symmetrical-both upper arms, both lower arms, both calves, etc. seeming
to follow veins.  Now it seems to be random.
        Her former medical team was careless and does not have a record of what
medications she was prescribed, how much or when. I know she has been on
Selegiline (without Lev or Carb), Prednisone,  Prosed DS,  Antivert,
Cipro, and topical Corticosteroids, among other things. I will be
helping her keep track from now on.  Her small town pharmacist is
helping us to put together a more complete list of drugs, amounts and
dates that her doctor and nurse practitioner failed to write down.
        Has anyone had a bad experience with Cipro as it relates to PD drugs?
I am very suspicious of a drug reaction or interaction with Cipro. She
was on a high dose for a long time, and from what I read at
http://www.thriveonline.com, it is prone to interactions with drugs and
foods, and people over 60 should have smaller doses for shorter periods
of time than younger folks. She has been off of Cipro for weeks, though,
and the itch continues.  How about topical Corticosteroids on "tissue
paper thin" skin interacting with some other drug ?
        We're still searching for more normal causes such as diet, etc. but
have had no luck whatsoever.
        If you have any input on this mystery we'd certainly appreciate it.
Constant itching is pretty miserable.
Thanks-  Mike Hannickel <[log in to unmask]>