On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 Ann Moore wrote:

>Today we found out  my job is not being outsourced, so we are both
feeling better because our future is a little more secure.   Tom was
turned down for disability, but he is trying again.

Hi Ann!

Welcome to the group! Happy to hear that you job is secure.

Gene was diagnosed in 1987 at the age of 54.  He applied for disability
when he retired in 1995, and was turned down too, the first time.  Rather
than get all stressed out and bitter, he decided to seek the services of
a local attorney who was recommended by a local Parkinson's support
group. On this second application...disability was granted. It certainly
was worth the small expense the attorney charged.

Good luck,

Clara N.