Arlene
My husband was the first to go on Mirapex with our neuro (cause when I knew
it was released I called her and spoke to the pharmacist).  However, she got
the literature, ordered the med, and seems to be on top of it.
I believe your husband is overdosed on sinemet.  Mel's neuro has cut his
sinemet down from 50/200 CR four times daily to 25/100 CR three times daily
and may cut him back some more.
I think most would tell you that the sinemet has to be reduced as the mirapex
is increased.
We are having some serious problems with Mel's kidneys and may have to cut
back on the Mirapex.  The literature recommends a limit based on the test
results.  Our neuro called last night and I called the interist today.  The
MD canceled all diuretics, his BP pill was changed, and more tests ordered.
 We may have to cut back or stop the Mirapex anyway if his hallucinations and
confusion do not improve.  Mel is one of those older PDers who had a little
dementia at times and they don't do as well.
We're giving it a shot tho as his mobility has improved, voice stronger, able
to get up and down easier.
Best wishes in your med adjustments
Mary CG Mel 76/11      [log in to unmask]