I am new to the list and have been lurking for a while here in snowy Iowa
where it was 15 degrees this morning--breaking a record set in 1942.  Thanks,
Colorado, for sending the snow our way.  Next time you may keep it.  It is
only October!

It has been fun getting to know all of you and seeing how supportive you are
of each other.  Your humor is also enjoyed.   I am 54/5 and have drifted
along with my parkinson rather slowly, I believe, considering  that I've had
three moves (one to Germany), gone through empty nest, lost my dog and two
birds, and done lots of travel during the last five years.

I started on Eldepryl right away and had lots of trouble adjusting to it.  I
went down to a half pill twice a day and slowly worked  up to two pills a
day.  After two years I started on Madopar and switched to Sinemet in the
states.  I now take two 5 mg of Eldepryl  and two Sinemet CR 25/100 per day.
 But, it doesn't seem to be enough.  I need something more for cramps/curling
 in my toes.  (Hard to putt when that happens.)  Also my right hand is very
stiff.  My arm gets very jumpy at movies.  I'm not sure if it the excitement
of the show or Brad Pitt.  I usually have to sit on my hand.

I have a good movement disorder doctor, but would like some ideas of what to
ask for.  I have tried increasing my Sinemet by 1/2 pill, but that doesn't
help.  I would welcome any suggestions, commets, jokes or support.

Nancy Van Hook   ([log in to unmask])