Hi "guys"

You may recall my dad was put on Mirapex 3 weeks ok - it went well till
week 3 when he was feeling sick again - but then my mom cut back more
of the Sinemet (half tablet at noon) - and hes' been doing better
(no more depression , nausea, fogginess etc - truely a changed man !)

Went to Neuro yesterday - at first he seemed a little annoyed that my mom
cut the Sinemet and made some comment about one tablet being worthless - but
then he saw my dad was walking better and talking better - and THATS what
really counts right ?

He was on 1.5mg/day ( or two 0.25 tablets three times a day)
ANyway - he's increasing the Mirapex even further - todday he starts
on 3 - 0.25 mg tablets - three times a day (for a total of 2.25) - next
week he goes to 1- 1mg tablet three times (total of 3 mg) - then the
next  1-1mg and 1 -0.25 mg - three times for  a total of 3.75 a day.

Is all this REALLY necessary ? I thought the therapeutic dose was 1.5mg/day ?
What have you guys titrated out at ?

Oh and he cut the Sinemet altogether.

Just wondering ...

Donna

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000