Hi...about pictures/attachments.. Some of our members are limited by
their service providers as to the size of emails they can receive.  Most
graphics files are quite large.  Multiply the size of one file x the
number of files sent and we would definitely all have problems.
Distributing the one file today caused numerous error messages.  (Those
of you who did not receive the picture file...your server bounced it back
to me as an error file.)  Also, I don't own a scanner and would have no
way of handling the picture files so that sort of shoots down the idea
that I would distribute the files.  Sorry about that.  For the time
being, we will just have to imagine what each other looks like...

About attachments...many of our members do not have the skills to extract
these...on some systems there are many, many steps to this process.
That's why I have suggested sending the message as plain text.  (The KISS
principle.)

About the way the messages are compiled for the digest...this is all done
by the listserver at UofT...since this entire service is offered free of
charge by UofT....  BTW...those 'list funds' that were mentioned in a
free of charge and I volunteer my ?free? time as do John Cottingham and
Camilla and all the others who help.  I guess you could call it all a
'labour of love' or a truly grassroots movement.  The only payment I
receive is the knowledge that info about pd is available to all who want
or need it and that none of our members need to feel alone...not with a
1600 member cyberfamily.

One more reminder....please do NOT include the entire message to which you
are replying.  One reason is that it is not necessary and unnecessarily
clutters up the list.  Another reason is that, if you include the line in
the original message that points to the parkinsn list, sometimes the
listserver bounces it back to me as an error message (looping message).
Sometimes I catch them but with dozens & dozens of error messages every
day, sometimes I don't.  So your message never gets posted.

(To Janet Paterson who plans to move soon from Bermuda to Ottawa,
Ontario, Canada...that region received 30 cm of snow today. :)

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing