Emily, i certainly know what you are going through at this point, my dad is
80, is home, but has spent some time in a NH. My mother wanted to have him
home, and she is doing so much for him, as well as using two aids that come
in a few hours a day. He has other problems in addition to PD, he seems
"content" but certainly not "happy" he is basically bedridden,  has very
little pleasure, other than family and friends who visit, and his food. He
does not have enough vision to enjoy TV, can't read for the same reason . I
don't want to get any more depressing, but remember that many people do not
live into their 70's, due to accidents, sickness, etc. so don't dwell on the
survival rate in a place where no one comes who is really healthy, and most
are quite old, many NH's have residents over 100.  If your mom can make the
decision, and you can live with it, whatever it is, just go with it and know
she will be doing what she wants. Good luck. Ken B