Barb M,  if ya can't eat what the H*ll ya want, and Ya can't do what Ya want,
at least sometimes, why bother to keep trudging (is that a WORD?) along???  I
have certain items I avoid consumming, that could affect my health, such as
battery acid, insects,
drain cleaners, road kill, and live maggots.  Other than that there are two
food groups: Food that I eat when my wife is watching, and Food that is eaten
when she is NOT watching.  If she makes me a salad, I will eat it. Then I can
go out to the hardware store, for example, and then buy a large white
chocolate bar, or a Chunky, and since she will tell me "it's BAD for you." I
eat ithe whole thing  BEFORE I go home, rather than just have a little taste,
and spend the rest of the night dreaming and thinking about it, and what she
will say if she sees me eating it.  If I eat the whole thing, I feel sort of
sickish, and don't desire any MORE chocolate at LEAST for an hour. The I eat
some lousy dry popcorn, or other diet conscious junk, and REALLY feel full.
 She is a lifetime member of Weightwatchers, where you pay $10 to watch other
overweight people be humiliated if they gain a few ounces over their "goal" ,
this is fine, for HER!  I would spend the $10 on a pizza and be fat and
happy!
It may seem like I am careless about my health, but I am just willing to
compromise, and feel good, rather than deny my cravings and die anyway.  If
you check the obituaries  in the newspaper, carefully watch for ANYONE who's
 death was attributed to pizza, ice cream, chocolate, or even pumpkin pie! I
will buy a lobster dinner for anyone who can show me that!  So, ENJOY your
food, ENJOY your drink,
and pour the DIET JUNK DOWN the SINK! (with apologies to Bernardo, who does
not enjoy poetry!)  For once in my life, I am SERIOUS! (REALLY!) I feel good
now, a little hungry, but GOOD! Ken (beer-belly) B